Sunday, January 25, 2009

new job, puzzle, running, etc.

Thanks to everyone for their fasting and prayers on our behalf.  I know that was the main reason I was able to find a job so quickly.  It has been nice to have time over the past couple weeks to just relax and spend time with Jen and the boys.  I think losing my job was really a blessing because now I have a better job, I'm getting paid more, and I spent a lot of time with my family.  Heavenly Father knows what's best for us - better than what we think is best.  

On New Year's Eve we decided to go to Wal-Mart to buy a puzzle.  I am keeping the New Year's Eve puzzle tradition alive!  It took me 17 hours to finish it.  I think I was up until like 2:00 a.m. on New Year's Eve and then I finally finished it around midnight on New Year's day.  Here's the final product.  















I was so proud of it, that I didn't put it away until last week.  I think Jen was glad when I finally did.  I know she didn't want to ruin my masterpiece!

As you may have seen, I decided to start training to run a 5k.  Initially I wanted to run a marathon this year, but after I did a little research, I decided that I probably needed to work up to the point where I could run a marathon.  I am quite the novice when it comes to running - I don't think I even knew how long a marathon was (if you didn't know either, it's a little over 26 miles). Everything I read suggested that you run for at least a year before attempting to train for a marathon.  I thought I could be superman, but Jen talked some sense into me and I decided to start with a smaller goal first.  I really don't care about running that much - this is more my way of shedding some pounds.  

If you haven't seen already, I posted some pictures of the family onto facebook from when we were little.  I thought it would be fun to reminisce.  Here's the link if you haven't seen them.

Other than that, I started another semester at school.

I'll see everyone at Kyle's wedding!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you Honey, for so many things! You are hot! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete