Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kyle's Answers

1. What do you know now that you wish you would have known years ago? 
How girls work, it's great to be engaged, but getting to that point was an EXTREME difficulty, hahahaJ 
2. What is the greatest lesson you learned from Mom and Dad? 
The importance of independence and work ethic. From a young age, mom and dad taught how to work by giving us daily chores around the house. Then on Saturdays, we were responsible to help with the yard work outside. This work ethic helped me to succeed at school, work, and with my church responsibilities. Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching an all important skill that many adults do not possess.
3. In what ways are you the same as Mom and Dad? 
A. I am very independent. We all have opinions and can think on our feet.
B. My parents passed along their superior brain power so that I could excel in schoolJ 
C. Love for learning
D. Strong gospel testimony
E. Persistent, dedicated, patient, etc.
4. What do you miss from our childhood days? 
A. Playing with my batman, ninja turtles, and ghostbusters toys
B. Feeling of no responsibility, anything goes ( not that responsibility is bad)
C. More free time
D. Playing with all the family
5. What is one of your best Christmas memories? 
One of my favorite Christmas memories was last Christmas when Steve and Jessy came to visit. We played a Murder Mystery game and Jessy and Emily were the stars. Emily was a character who had multiple affairs and owned a lingerie store while Jessy played a character who was an aspiring actor with not much success. Jessy's character then worked as a "dancer" to make money. In our accusations Emily became Miss Lacy pants and Jessy became Miss No pants, hahaha. Kjerstin played a man and ended up being the ruthless murderer, it was a funny memoryJ Jessy's father had just passed away days before and I felt that our family helped to bring a smile to her face and make the difficult time a little more bearable.
6. Which traditions do you want to carry on for your own family? 
A. Santa Lucia
B. Rice pudding on Christmas Eve
C. Nativity on Christmas Eve
D. 12 Days of Christmas to a needy family
E. Everyone helps to put up the Christmas tree and decorations around the house
F. Open presents one at a time to savor the love
G. Multitudes of Christmas Cookies and treats
7. Share your testimony.
A. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and restored the gospel back to the earth in this the last dispensation
B. I know Jesus Christ is the Mediator and made an infinite atoning sacrifice for us. Without his love and sacrifice for us, we would be doomed to an intolerable fate. His love saves us every day, it's important for us to remember that.
C. When times are darkest, that is when we need God and Jesus Christ the most. Unfortunately, through personal experience, those are sometimes the times that we put blame on them and feel they don't care about us, essentially pushing them away when we need them most. I've learned through trials to rely on them in my times of trial and not to push them aside.
D. I have a testimony of the power of prayer, my life has been greatly shaped by it
E. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, it is the word of God and contains the fulness of the gospel. My life is enriched as I read it.
F. I know President Monson is a prophet of God
G. I have a testimony of the power and reality of eternal marriage. I am excited for my chance to be sealed to my future wife is a few short months.
H. I love my family, you guys are the best!
I. I have a testimony of my room mates, they are the best! (Just kidding, hahaahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment