Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jen's Answers

1. What do you know now that you wish you would have known years ago?
    How to be less shy.  

2.  What is the greatest lesson you learned from Mom and Dad? 
     That following the gospel will bring the greatest joy, the importance of saving money, and that family time should be cherished. 

3. In what ways are you the same as Mom and Dad?  Mom:  getting excited over little things, patience, and also being slightly scatterbrained about some things.  
Dad: worrying about things I can't control, working hard, and I think I get my neat freak tendencies from him too.

4. What do you miss from our childhood days? 
              Less to worry about. Being able to read whenever I want too.  Playing with sisters and brother.  Making up dances and planning family home evening lessons that were very elaborate, but I don't think really had a specific topic, they were just whatever come to our mind. Going to Disneyland all the time. My awesome bedroom in the Sandy house with my own littlecubby hole for my desk and all my "stuff." Playing games in the front yard. 

5. What is one of your best Christmas memories? 
             I remember getting my doll in a basket that I wanted SO SO bad.  I didn't think I got it, and was so excited when I opened it.  I think Mom still has the basket and used it to keep her socks in.  I also loved being able to watch all our Christmases on home video.  Those were always my favorite ones to watch.  I also loved going to Grandma's house when we were little on Christmas will all the cousins exchanging presents.  I remember going outside with Heidi and putting snow on our faces to stay awake so Christmas would last longer.  

6. Which traditions do you want to carry on for your own family? 
            Watching Its a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve, going to Disneyland whenever possible and for graduations, Saturday Easter Egg hunts, and special plates on birthday.  

7.  Share your testimony.
            I know that the gospel contains the fullness of Heavenly Father's plan and that by following it, we will gain true happiness.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that through Him, we will be lifted up in our trails, can be forgiven of our sins, and return to live with him again.  I know that families can be together forever when sealed in the temple.  I know the Book of Mormon testifies  of Christ and is a true book.  I know that President Monson guides us to become more like Christ and speaks His words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment